I’m sure a lot of you can relate to that sinking feeling when you see yourself in the harsh lighting of your bathroom mirror after a day in the sun, and you bear a striking resemblance to a lobster.
When your skin begins to peel days after your sunburn, this is your body’s way of ridding itself of dead skin cells that were exposed to significant damage. Yes, it’s bad. And yes, you need to be really vigilant with your sunscreen. But what if it’s too late and you’re reading this looking for a solution?
How Do I Treat Peeling?
Despite priding myself on my sun smarts, while on holidays in Vietnam a few months ago I made the mistake of forgetting to reapply my SPF, resulting in a very sunburnt chest. Needless to say, I spent the remainder of the trip avoiding the sun at all costs.
But it wasn’t until I returned home that the peeling started. I actually thought I’d miraculously avoided peeling, but no. I had an event coming up that week and I racked my brain for quick ways to combat the continuous shedding (ew, I’m sorry that’s gross).
Regular moisturising wasn’t cutting it, and there was no way I was going to use a physical exfoliant on my already traumatised skin. That’s when I spotted asap’s revitalising
Duh! It seems like such an obvious solution: hydration and gentle exfoliation in one product. And I was right, within 2 days my chest was free from flaky, scaly skin and smooth as a baby’s bum.
Tell Me More:
– This moisturiser contains a blend of essential oils to hydrate & nourish dry skin
– Also contains 12% Glycolic Acid to stimulate collagen & encourage cell renewal
– AHAs in this moisturiser smooth & refine the skin for a softer, more even texture
– The addition of Green Tea hydrates your skin & protects against free radical damage
– It has a really lightweight, blendable texture so it’s super easy to apply
– It absorbs quickly so you can get dressed almost straight away
– Leaves a refreshing orange citrus scent on the skin
– This moisturiser is ideal for those prone to breakouts on the body or keratosis pilaris
– Skin is left looking healthy, radiant and hydrated
The Customer Reviews:
★★★★★ Super moisturising and great for my sensitive skin – Jo
“I have a lot of issues with moisturisers. Some cause rashes when I use them more than a few times in a row. I’ve been using this for months now and no issues at all. Not only that, but despite the fact it sinks straight in meaning I can get dressed right away, it leaves me fully moisturised till my next shower. No need to reapply.”
★★★★★ Amazing lightweight lotion – Sam
“This product is absolutely amazing, if you don’t like heavy moisturisers this is perfect. I noticed a difference after 2 weeks of using it, my skin felt smoother soften and more nourished (which I didn’t think was possible as I moisturise every day).
★★★★★ LOVE IT!! My new favorite thing <3 – Taz
“I’ve been looking for a body moisturizer that ACTUALLY WORKS for so long. All the moisturisers I used before seem to be a temporary fix, but when I use this one I can definitely feel long term effects! I feel great for days after applying this. 10/10 would recommend. I already bought a second bottle.”